Sunday, August 10, 2008

Talking bout the good life.

What happened first was that I arrived home from work Thursday and these two questionable looking men were standing in my driveway. They had driven long distances to commune with me.


We shared the sacraments.


Then we got down to business. In two days P "bass" Alma administered the honey to a bunch of songs on my new record.




Koltak came looking smartly dressed and too hip to quit, because he had ideas about the songs and he drank a lot and gestured wildly throughout and occasionally picked up an instrument when called for.


Then we threw a party for Kirsten, who turns 30 Tuesday.





After the party a bunch of us stayed up gathered around a computer where we dug up youtube footage of every great soul artist we could think of: Al Green, Sly Stone, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, D'angelo, Prince, Michael Jackson, James Brown. I still feel good from this, but there are no photos.

No comments: